Centralization of the Homeowner’s Grant
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR 2021 TAXES
The Property Tax Due Date is July 2, 2021. Property Tax notices will be mailed in late May 2021. If you have not received your 2021 property tax notice by early June, please contact the Municipal Office at 250 449 2222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Postmarks are not accepted as proof of payment. A 10% penalty will be added to current taxes that are not paid on or before Friday, July 2, 2021.
Homeowner Grant & Property Tax Deferment
Eligible residential property owners can now claim their 2021 homeowner grant with the Province.
As soon as you receive your property tax notice, you can apply for property tax deferment.
Remember – B.C. municipalities no longer accept applications.
How to apply?
- Apply online at gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant
- Apply 24/7 using a voice recognition self-serve application: Toll-free at 1 888 355-2700
- Or to speak with an agent, call toll-free at 1-888-355-2700, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, excluding statutory holidays
- You will need your Social Insurance Number and tax notice
Property tax deferment:
- Apply online at gov.bc.ca/propertytaxdeferment
- Call 1 888 355-2700 if you must have a paper application; Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, excluding statutory holidays. A paper-based application can take longer to receive and review – you may risk late payment penalties if you not eligible.
Applying online is quicker and secure.