Village of Midway Property Tax Information
The Property Tax Due Date is July 2, 2024. Property Tax notices for 2024 will be issued in May 2024.
Postmarks will not accepted as proof of payment. A 10% penalty will be added to current taxes that are not paid on or before Monday, July 2, 2024.
If you’d like to make an e-transfer payment, please email funds to firstname.lastname@example.org and put your name and address in the comments. Thank you.
Centralization of the Homeowner’s Grant
Homeowner Grant & Property Tax Deferment
Eligible residential property owners can claim their 2024 homeowner grant with the Province.
As soon as you receive your property tax notice, you can apply for property tax deferment.
Remember – B.C. municipalities no longer accept applications.
How to apply?
- Apply online at gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant
- Apply 24/7 using a voice recognition self-serve application: Toll-free at 1-888-355-2700
- Or to speak with an agent, call toll-free at 1-888-355-2700, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, excluding statutory holidays
- You will need your Social Insurance Number and tax notice
If you are filing online and getting stuck at the roll number field, in most cases, you need to add leading zeros to create an 8 digit number. This number can be found at the bottom of your tax notice and should look like this:
Property tax deferment:
- Apply online at gov.bc.ca/propertytaxdeferment
- Call 1-888-355-2700 if you must have a paper application; Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, excluding statutory holidays. A paper-based application can take longer to receive and review – you may risk late payment penalties if you not eligible.
Applying online is quicker and secure.